EVENING CLASSES 7.30PM
BELFAST (BCN) | CLARKVILLE HALL
AND FRIDAY 10.30AM
Across the road from the Ohoka Farmers Market!
THINK YOU'RE TOO STIFF FOR YOGA?
TRUST ME - YOU'RE NOT!!
EVEN if you've seen people doing crazy yoga poses and thought "Jeeezus Ch@#st.. I could never do that!"
These classes are NOT about forcing your body into crazy pretzel-like shapes and ALL about guiding you through a gentle and easy sequence of yoga poses that release muscle tension and improve your posture, progressively improve your flexibility, strengthen the muscles of your entire body, and make you feel calm and balanced in the head. YEP!.. they actually do ALL of that!
- Looking for a way to slim down, gain strength, reduce stress, and increase your flexibility...
- Wanting to firm up your wobbly bits..
- Need a class that's after work or fits in with your family routine on week nights..
- Busy in the head balancing life and work commitments and need a dose of 'me time' that'll restore you physically & mentally..
- Wanting to stay on top of the ageing process and delay (or defy) the downward spiral and hunching shoulders syndrome..
- Keen to flatten your tummy and improve core strength (without killing your neck with sit-ups!)
- Decided you're lose some chub this year, or just wanna stay slim XXX needs some work here.
These 60min classes will do the trick!
You might have thought about starting yoga already, or you've been saying for ages you'll get into it, please know these classes are the PERFECT way to get started as a Beginner.
And the MAIN THING you MUST know is...
YOU DON'T NEED TO BE FLEXIBLE TO DO YOGA!
start COMING TO CLASSES AND you'LL GET MORE FLEXIBLE...
IT'S Not the other way round! Make sense?
Maybe you already know about yoga but STILL think you're not stretchy enough to do it?
Right now you are absolutely 'stretchy enough' to do yoga. (Even if right now you're thinking "yeah, but she's not talking to me" - I AM talking to YOU. As long as you can make it from the carpark to your yoga mat YOU WILL absolutely be able to do these classes AND you'll really ENJOY them!
HOW CAN I BE SO SURE ABOUT THAT? (After all this is YOU we're talking about, right?)
Because yoga's not a sport it's 100% non-competitive. So there's no-one to try and 'out-do' in a yoga class but you. Sounds like a silly thing to say but it's exactly what goes on in most people's heads when they think about going to a yoga class. Silly question but it totally addresses exactly what goes on for most people when they consider going to a yoga class then chicken.
There really is nothing to worry about and EVERYTHING to gain from these classes.
Each pose comes with an explanation of how to do it in baby-steps, then after you've been coming for a while you'll start to notice tiny changes as we go through the system which add up to HUGE changes after 3 months. It'a all about slow and steady practice, that totally 'wins' with yoga.
about starting where you are and SLOWLY improving your overall strength and flexibility so that you age well and preserve the muscles, tendons, and ligaments as best you can.
It's really not about contorting yourself into unimaginable positions! Yoga is 100% non-competitive so the only person you're 'up against' is yourself and trust me the hardest part is just getting to the mat - the rest is EASY and your lower back, shoulders, crook in the neck, or sore knees will thank you a 1000 times for coming to class tomorrow :)
TUESDAY 6.15 - 7.15pm
TUESDAY 7.30 - 8.30PM
SWANNANOA COMMUNITY HALL
THURSDAY 7.30 - 8.30pm
OHOKA FARMERS MARKET
FRIDAY 9.30 - 10.30AM
$169 - 10 Class Card
60min YOGA CLASSES ARE:
- Suitable for absolute beginners!
- Gentle and Easy. Help you tone up your wobbly bits and increase overall strength and flexibility.
- Designed to progressively improve your strength, stretchy-ness, balance, and core stability (yep, yoga uses your abdominals!)
- A great way to reverse postural imbalance caused by prolonged periods of sitting or computer use.
- A totally 'safe space' where you can have a laugh and join in the fun as we all try new things and extend ourselves (just a little) in new ways - because yoga's not a sport, the only person you can compete with is YOU.
- The elixir for overwhelm. When the kids are driving you crazy, you've eaten 'all the food' and time to yourself seems like a fantasy - a 60min class will help you feel balanced and restore your energy.
- GREAT for your HORMONES! Clam the Nervous system, improve Immune function, and restore Adrenal xxx?
- An hour to yourself that emphasises self-care and deep relaxation that will make you feel more emotionally balanced throughout the week (so you'll be more inclined to do other 'self care-y' stuff between classes).
- Taught by an experienced Yoga Instructor who will guide you through the class and show you how to do each pose to suit your current fitness level and/or injuries, and make the poses work for your body type. You will be expertly cared for.
- A great way to start or continue a weight loss journey.
Want to buy a 10 Class Card and get the discount but think you'll need to miss a week every now and then?
I'VE GOT YOU SORTED!
Purchasing a 10 Class Card means that you'll nominate your primary class when registering but you can come to ANY class you like over the 3 month period.
So if you sign up for Tuesdays in Belfast but need to miss a night you can come along to an evening class in Swannanoa or Fernside, or sleep in on a Public Holiday and join The Ohoka Farmers market class on Friday mornings!
You'll also have access to classes for 12 weeks from the purchase date of your 10 class card.
And you’re ready to easily lose stored body fat, get glowy & live in a vibrant, healthy body…
The Spring Into Summer 6 Week Program is for you!
BELFAST (BCN) - THURSDAY 7.30 - 8.30PM
OHOKA HALL - TUESDAY 7.15 - 8.15PM
I’ll teach you a simple, gentle yoga series that really makes you feel good...
So that you can finally say goodbye to your wobbly bits…
So that you can finally say goodbye to your sore back and stiff neck...
Be at your perfect weight and stay there with EASE (without fighting your hunger each day)…
And feel great again in your own skin!
During this 60min class you will learn:
- Breathing techniques???
How To Release Stored Body Fat + Switch Into Fat Burning Mode so you can reach your ideal weight easily, and stay there for life.
- How to Eat To Increase Your Energy.
- The Cravings Release Method to free yourself from emotional eating, for good.
- A Gentle & Easy Yoga Practice to restore energy, gain strength and flexibility.
WHAT EACH CLASS COVERS:
YOGA FOR ENERGY, STRENGTH & FLEXIBILITY
// Releasing Stored Tension and Creating Relaxation: Kickstart your weight loss!
// Sun Salutes with a twist - the simple sequence to increase your energy.
// Standing Poses for Strength & Balance
// Sitting Poses to Aid Digestion & Organ Function
// Core Strength Poses + Lengthening The Spine
// Relax, Restore & Sleep Deeply
Hi, I'm Maree Thom and I'd love to show you a really easy yoga practice that yields a huge punch of ......
I've taught Yoga for around 15 years, my approach is simple and down to earth. My intention is for you to learn a simple practice you can do at home that makes you feel more energised, stronger, and healthier.
Now (guys & gals), if you think you're not stretchy enough for yoga...
DON'T WORRY -
I'VE GOT YOU SORTED!
Wanting to lose 5 - 10kgs before Xmas and feel gorgeous and glowey over summer...
And you're ready to take the 'baby steps' approach to feeling energised and strong...
Sign up for Spring into Summer!
....and get rid of those wobbly bits, for good :) xx
Purchase your 10 Class Card (for any class) HERE <<
10 CLASS CARD
$149 (save $50)
You will be asked to nominate your primary class location during registration.
You can attend ANY class you like over this 3 month period.
6.15 - 7.15pm
7.30 - 8.30pm
Belfast Community Network (BCN)
710 Main Rd, Belfast
Loads of parking available
10 Class Card $149 (save $50)
9.30 - 10.30am
Ohoka Hall, 493 Mill Rd
Across the road from the Ohoka Farmers Market
Parking available next to the hall
Do you have questions about joining a class?
Call me - 021 260 9899
I'M AN ABSOLUTE BEGINNER WITH YOGA - WILL I BE ABLE TO DO ALL THE POSES? (Eeek! I'm worried I'll look silly!)
Yes! These 30min classes are designed for absolute beginners and all ages. You don't need to be bendy to do yoga because yoga makes you bendy, and that's the point of practicing it.
CAN I COME ALONG CASUALLY?
Yes. The price for a casual class is $20.
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
Comfy, stretchy clothing that allows you to move around easily - your walking clothes are perfect. There's no need for a lycra leotard... but by all means come along in your best 80's outfit should you be so inclined!
ARE THERE YOGA MATS PROVIDED?
Yes, I provide lovely comfy, sticky yoga mats. You're also welcome to bring your own mat if you prefer.
SHOULD I EAT BEFORE THE CLASS?
It's best to arrive at class on an empty stomach, so please try to have your last big meal 2 - 3 hours before before your class starts.
WHAT MY STUDENTS SAY
If you have any questions at all about coming to a class please don't hesitate to contact me:
021 260 9899